On Prolific, you get paid via PayPal. Just follow these steps to get set up, and then cash out!
Adding your PayPal details
- Click on your initials in the upper right-hand corner
- Go to your 'Account' page. Here you'll see 'Payment Methods', and underneath, 'PayPal account'
- On the right-hand side, click 'Set' and a box will pop up
- Enter your Prolific password
- Add your PayPal details and log in (Don't worry, we can't access your PayPal account)
- Click link and complete
Once you've earned £5, you'll be able to cash out from your Prolific account:
- Head to your ‘Balance’ tab in the top-right hand corner of the screen
- You'll see your balance here
- To cash out you can click 'Transfer your money'
- Wait until our next cash out day, and your money will be on the way!
Our cashout days are every Tuesday and Friday afternoon (GMT). For your first four payments, we'll manually process your cash out. After that, you'll have access to instant cash outs. Please note, you can only cash out once within a 24 hour period.
Once you've made 4 cash outs to the same PayPal account you'll automatically be moved to instant cash outs.
From this point, when you cash out your payment will be processed 'instantly', rather than waiting for a cash out day. Please note that these payments can take up to 24 hours to come through, although they are usually much quicker.
Occasionally, PayPal has issues processing these instant cash outs. In these cases, the cash out is added to our queue to be processed on our next cash out day (Tuesday and Friday afternoon GMT). Please wait until after this time to contact us.
For US residents, your PayPal account must be US based. This is to comply with tax rules.
For non-US residents, your PayPal country needs to match either:
- Your current country of residence or
- Your country of birth
We can only allow one PayPal account to be linked to one Prolific account at any time:
- If you add a PayPal account to your Prolific account that's already linked to another account, or
- Someone tries to link your PayPal to their account
both accounts will be placed on hold and you'll need to get in touch with us.